Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting off 2010 with a.... cough, hack, gag!

I am officially certain that standing in line at the Giant Eagle (grocery store for those of you non-midwesterners who don't have such a place) on New Years Eve is likely to get one killed. If not by way of being trampled by those waiting in the at least sixty people deep line to get to the state liquor agency, then by contracting some deadly illness that will land one on one's rear end for the better part of a week.

If you're wondering where I'm going with this, mainly it's to say that I am horribly sick. I have been since about 6pm on New Years Eve. It started with a mildly annoying sore throat that was well contained with the help of some Tylenol cold products. By the next morning, it had blossomed into a full-fledged germ attack, complete with headache, swollen shut throat, snot-filled nose and sinuses, body aches, and a 101.7 degree temperature, all of which lasted for the better part of 48 following hours. Today I was finally feeling somewhat alive again, only to be thwarted by the snot monsters you see on the Mucinex commercials, a headache that I'm certain can only be remedied with a hole drilled into my head, and more sore throat fun from post-nasal drip. Needless to say, this is not the way I intended to start off the new year.

Brad has been wonderful, not only in taking care of me but in keeping up with Mr. Zachy, who is FINALLY cutting his two bottom teeth after what seemed like months of suffering. He was a little sick too earlier this week, running a fever and dripping snot from pretty much everywhere. However, all those things have been proven to be linked to the final stages of teething, so we weren't super worried. We were, however, quite sleep deprived, in that Zach hadn't been sleeping through the night for the first time since we left the hospital in June. Even with his hands full, Brad has enjoyed playing hours of his new Wii games. We have started our joint effort in the Lego Star Wars game and have made it well into Episode 2 already. We've also played tons of Mario Kart Wii. To Brad's surprise, I'm actually getting really good at it. If any of you friends out there have this game on your Wii and have a friend code to send me, let me know and I'll send you ours so we can play online together, and I can whoop you ;)

So anyway, to make a long post short, Happy New Year to everyone and here's hoping I'm not sick for much longer because I hate it. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Tori! Hope you are on your way to feeling better soon! My brother was telling me how awesome Super Mario is for the Wii and how he thinks I would love it. (I love the Mario Bros. for Nintendo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got Mario Kart Wii too and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete