He self-feeds now. We give him bits of anything we think he won't choke on. This included pizza last night :) He loved it. He is growing by leaps and bounds too. Now he barely fits in his six month clothes that less than a month ago we were struggling to keep up!
He says "hi" and "hey" very clearly, as well as his "good, good, good", which always has to come in threes for some reason.
No teeth have cut all the way through yet. Every time we think they're coming, they seem to recede back into his gums. Poor kid has been teething for at least four months now, you'd think they'd be through already! Not that being tooth-less has stopped him from eating anything he wants. Sometimes we are just astounded by the things he manages to eat without any trouble.
Crawling is not on his agenda anytime soon, but walking is in his sights. He can stand for a couple seconds unassisted, and is getting really good at pulling himself up on people. No furniture climbing yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
His newest favorite things include Gerber Fruit Puffs, flipping over no matter how and where we set him, and The Who. I bought him a Who's Greatest Hits CD and he just loves to jam in the van with it. I even found him a baby Who teeshirt :)
As far as personality goes, he's very demanding. When he wants something, he wants it NOW. Patience is going to be a hard lesson for this boy! We're working on the baby sign language with him, but that's still slow going. Hopefully with another month or so, he'll be signing away.
To finish off this post, I'm including a picture from last night where he's playing with a toy from his Great Aunt Margaret, and one from today where he was screaming his head off :)

I simply cannot believe he is 7 months old! How adorable! I could just cry realizing Eli's gonna be there in no time! It seems like just yesterday you had Zach!
ReplyDelete