Zach's first trip to church took place on Sunday. We were allowed to take the wallaby wrap off of him long enough to go. He slept through the majority of the service, except for a nice poop on daddy :) Everyone was enamored with him, and it was a lot of fun to show him off to our church family.We finished with the wallaby wrap on Monday, which was such a relief. Zach is doing much better now, and doesn't look like he has a cheap 80's version spray tan anymore. We go for his two-week appointment next Monday, and will hopefully learn that he is back up to his birth weight or maybe above it. I think he looks more filled out, and he's been eating like a little piggy, so I'm optimistic. Speaking of eating, we are now on bottles pretty much exclusively, and I am pumping milk for him. He only eats one formula bottle a day, so he's still pretty much subsisting on breast milk, which is good. I'm kind of bummed the breastfeeding didn't work out, but at least he's getting the milk, even if it's not directly from mommy. Ultimately, I'm not too heart broken about it, because I'd kind of planned to do this anyways. It would have been nice though not to have to lug bottles around all the time. Oh well.
This has also been my first week with Brad working half days. My mom has come to help out in the afternoons, but it's still tough being alone with the baby for that many hours. I know it will get even harder when Brad is back to work full time, but I have another week before I have to worry about that. Zach is pretty awake during the days now, which is good health-wise, but very bad for mommy trying to get things done around the house. I just finished his birth announcements yesterday, so hopefully I will be able to get those out here in the next week. Then I have his baptism annoucements to do and mail. We did get a carrier for the little guy, but the lowest weight it can accomodate is 7.5 pounds, which we still have a ways to go before we hit. When he gets there though, it will be MUCH easier to just wear him around the house. Right now, he gets fussy if he can't see me when he's awake. Of course, since infants can't see anything much further away than 12 inches, he basically whimpers until I pick him back up. When I carry him around, he's happy as a little clam. Let's hope when his vision improves that this will go away!
Yesterday, Zach had his first trip to a restaurant. We went to Five Guys Burgers & Fries, a place Brad had read about that recently opened an off-shoot here in Columbus. The food was pretty tasty, but the atmosphere was, shall I say, pretty lacking. I was expecting more of a Steak-n-Shake or Red Robin sort of feel, but it was more lunch counter-esque than that. As you can see from the picture, Zach was really affected by this trip. Okay, so that's pretty much what he looks like after any car ride anywhere. We're hoping that this means in the future when he's fussy we can just take a drive around the neighborhood and put him to sleep... only time will tell if we're that lucky!
And finally, yesterday Brad and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that three years have passed, but then again, we have a child now! That's why we went out for dinner last night. We didn't do a whole lot so far, but next Thursday we are going to a Sister Hazel concert in Dayton, our favorite band that hasn't come this far North since the early 90's. I'm super excited about it. Zach will probably stay with my mom while we drive out there, although I think it would be really cool for him to go to his first concert already :) But I'm weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment