Friday, April 17, 2009

Bed Rest week 1


Day 5 of being on bed rest and I thought I should post about it. Sometimes it makes all the sense in the world to me and I feel fantastic. Sometimes, I contract anyways and wonder why the heck I'm stuck here if it's not going to work. Today is one of the latter days, as my back is killing me and I'm getting crampy again. I know I could have it worse... in fact, a girl in my "Due Date Club" (online) who is due the same exact day as I am landed in the hospital this week and is looking at the possibility of an emergency c-section due to preterm labor that actually is progressing. A scary reminder of what could have been. But I'm hanging in there, and so is little Zach.

Being home alone is the hardest part of all of this, for sure. I'm not supposed to be getting up and down very much, but sometimes there just is something I have to do. Like letting the dogs out, or rounding up escaped kitties (who have been staying in the basement for the most part since I can't keep an eye on them and their little kitty butts downstairs, but they have learned to break out this week). The other bummer thing is that I actually had to turn down a job this week and inform my work of my situation. I was hoping that it would just be another uneventful period and they wouldn't need me. Oh well, I guess.

I have managed to get out of the house, albeit briefly, a couple times. Yesterday was the most interesting. We had to go to Target, and Brad turned it into an outing with Quiznos. While we were at the store, I used one of those motorized carts so I wouldn't be walking around so much like I'm not supposed to. It was so weird. And the best part? They do that annoying "beep beep beep" thing when you back up! Needless to say, I only did that once! I'm sure Brad was holding in a "wide load" joke while I did it though :) The only other outing I have planned is Saturday, because I managed to score tickets to the opening Clippers game at the brand new Huntington Park stadium. I've wanted to go to that for months, so I will figure out some way to not move much once we get there. Hey, they already bring your food to your seat, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment