Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another trip to L&D

After feeling pretty awful most of the day with cramps and back pain, a few of my friends as well as my mom and husband, convinced me it'd be a good idea to give the doctor a call and make sure they didn't want me to be seen again. You know, since I *was* on bed rest and all. The nurse Sharon (she and I are getting to be buddies lately lol) had me try a hot shower and a heating pad to see if that wouldn't help the back pain, and wanted me to do what is called a Kick Count, where I count the number of thumps I feel in my belly from the baby moving. When she called back about an hour later, and I was still in pain and my kick count was on the low side, especially for my little monkey, she said she hated to do it, but I needed to go back in and be evaluated.

Sigh.

So, we went up to Riverside. Again. I got hooked up to the monitors. Again. They found out I was indeed contracting. Again. They gave me a Turb shot. Again. (I'm getting good at all of this!) They did a fetal fibronectin test, and actually sent it in this time. Luckily for us, it came back negative, meaning I am not likely to deliver within the next two weeks. That was a HUGE sigh of relief for us. They sent me on my way with a prescription of the Turb, in pill form (thank GOD!), to take for the rest of the pregnancy so I don't just lay around and contract. I'm still on the bed rest (which is a slight step up from the original doctor's order of "one week bed rest, one week of just taking it easy") until my next appointment on the 27th, and probably for the rest of the pregnancy I'm guessing. Woo. Hey, as long as it keeps this guy where he's supposed to be so he gets all fat and cute, I'm for it. I won't be able to get out of the house much, but I tell you what, I will certainly savor the few rare occasions that I do!

So there's the latest from the World of Zach. Let's hope that this is the end of our pregnancy drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment