Monday, April 20, 2009

Bed Rest week 2 begins

I'm ready to begin my second week of bed rest. Brad was amazing this weekend. He did a ton of laundry, including all of our baby clothes we have so far and all of the baby bedding. He did dishes. He did cat boxes. He even took the twin bed out of the nursery and set it up in our living room for me. The suggestion to do this came from my friend Cortney after her mother did it when she was on bed rest. Now I can watch the HDTV, I can play with the Wii if I feel so inclined, I can get my food, deal with pets, answer the door and phone, I don't have to go up or down the stairs more than twice a day... it's so much more convenient for me. So I have taken up residence in front of the fireplace, and that is where I sit currently to write this blog entry. Again, I reiterate, thank GOD for laptops with wireless internet!

I want to interject here how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband. If I were to look at this same guy ten years ago, I would never have guessed he would turn into the loving, caring, incredible husband that he is today. I feel constant guilt when he has to do all the cooking, all the chores, all of everything, and I just lay here, but he reassures me that I am doing the most important job of all in growing our son. Honestly he brings tears to my eyes with how fantastic he is, and I have never been more in love with him.

Anyways, back to the bed rest! For as much as it sucks that I can't be up and around doing all my normal stuff, I am thankful for the fact that Zach is where he needs to be. The friend of mine online who was due the same day as I am had her baby girl yesterday via emergency c-section, and she was only a little more than 3 pounds and will be in the NICU for at least the next month. My heart goes out to her so much, being that she was my "due date twin" and all, and knowing that it very easily could have been me with that tiny baby. It's such an eye opener for me. However, knowing the long battle that little girl has ahead of her, it makes me being confined to a bed on my fireplace hearth that much more bearable if Zach never has to go through that.

So, you will likely see a few more posts from me this week, although I doubt they will be as interesting or exciting as the last few :) Here's hoping everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment