Monday, March 16, 2009

On being a housewife and fences

Well, another week has come. This time, the Ohio Graduation Test is taking place, and since subs can't be proctors, I probably will not work this week. Next week is Spring Break, so I guess I'd better get used to it. At least it will give me time to get some housework done, although sometimes a nap or two takes precedence :) Everyone always tells me to "sleep now while you still can", so I just consider days like this to be heeding that very advice.

Our neighbor has finally begun the final stages of fencing in his yard, that is, actually putting panels up on the posts that have stood bare all winter. Poor guy fell victim to a fraudulent fencing contractor last fall. The fence is gorgeous though, exactly the kind of fence I was hoping to put in our yard eventually: 6ft cedar dog-ear topped fencing. Unfortunately, now it has made my undying wish to have our own yard fenced even more prevalent. I think some of our pooch issues would be closer to solutions if they had a nice fenced yard to run around in like the nutballs they are. Plus, now that his yard is fenced, all the teenagers that cut through the unfenced yards are going to be more apt to walk through ours, and that annoys me. They always leave their trash wherever it lands, and if it's not in our yard, it sure blows here often enough. Plus it drives the dogs crazy. So, anyone willing to donate to the Michel Fence Fund? Soon? Please? (Insert big grin and puppy dog eyes here.)

In pregnancy-related news, I have officially had to take off my wedding rings until Zach's arrival. My poor hands have started swelling now, and of course it's my left more than my right. My rings are now relegated to a necklace around my neck, which made my hand feel weirdly naked. Brad got me a CZ and silver stand-in ring to tide me over until I can wear my regular ones again. It's pretty (and the CZ in the center is probably a carat in and of itself, so Brad looks rich!), but I obviously like my wedding set far more. I just have to keep reminding myself (okay, Brad has to keep reminding me) that it's only temporary. With just a little over thirteen weeks left until my due date, I think I can manage.

Now, time for an updated belly picture! I am far more round these days. I look like I have a basketball stuffed up under my shirt the way we used to do when we were in elementary school playing house! Only then the basketball didn't kick me every ten seconds :) This one is from the middle of last week at the 26 week mark.

Also, just as a note... we don't even own a baseball bat. :) Brad thinks that his use of hyperbole is funny. I guess that's what I get when I suggest that we both post in the family blog from time to time. Sigh. Boys will be boys I guess... and soon I will have another one!

1 comment: