Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hey Look, Brad's blogging

Yes, this is my first post here.  Tori is behind me with a bat threatening me if I don't post on the blog.  I've never really been one for blogging, tried LiveJournal out for a few posts, but never really got into posting stuff.  I figure since it is a family blog, I should probably contribute every once in a while.  I'm more into twittering, since it's a lot shorter, and very quick.  I started this post at 5:35.  It'll probably be close to 6 by the time I actually post it.

Tori is now over 26 weeks along, and we're both getting pretty excited.  It sometimes feel that we haven't really gotten much done.  Seems like we've got a lot to do, and not much to do.  Heck, when I was thinking about it just a few seconds ago when I wrote that she was 26 weeks along, it seemed like only yesterday she was 15 weeks along.  Time seems to be flying sometimes.  

An update to the Nursery, it's finally painted.  I put a 2nd coat on this morning while Tori was studying for her final.  I only re-coated the 2 long walls, because the paint didn't finish correctly.  We rolled it on in a W shape like everyone always says to, but we could see where we were rolling at pretty clearly.  This time I just did straight up and down lines.  You can still see the lines, but it's doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it did pre-2nd coat.   We also got stuff arranged in the nursery, to give us an idea on how it will look (and to satisfy the wife's need for it to be in order).  Below is a picture of the nursery now:


Ignore the carpet as that's the next thing to go.  We still need to rip that out, put down some kilz, and then have somebody come in to re-carpet (usually i'd try and do it myself, but i'll leave this one to the professionals).  And the end result:

HAPPY WIFE!!!!! (See the big smile on her face).

If you want to see the rest of the pictures, you can see them on Facebook.

It's about 5:50 now, so 10 minutes quicker than I thought i'd be :)


No comments:

Post a Comment