
For the past two nights in a row, we have been so kindly awakened by Brad's company's monitoring service regarding low space on backup servers at around 2:30 a.m. Last night's episode included a follow-up call about an hour later as well, and a text message after that. Brad promises he'll check the server space before we go to bed tonight, especially since I have to get up super early tomorrow (I'm talking before 4 a.m. people!).
At first, I was annoyed. Stupid notification service was stealing my most precious commodity from me, that is, sleep from a pregnant woman. But then, after I thought about it for a while, I realized that our life will be much that same way in a couple months... in fact, about 100 days from now, or possibly even less. Of course, it won't be a ringing phone waking us, it'll be our son. I mentioned this to Brad as he was putting his laptop away for the night/morning, and he said if I wanted him to, he'd try to find a baby crying to be his ringtone so we'd get used to it. I think I can wait until we have the real thing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment