Monday, June 25, 2012

Another month gone by

Zach is three! I can't believe it myself. It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago he was my tiny baby. Now he's this person. He has the strangest conversations with us and has the most vivid imagination. He loves watching Team Umizoomi (a cartoon about early math skills) and still adores anything space related. His bedroom has gone from a cute puppy dog nursery into a big kid space-themed room. He is fully potty trained (woohoo!). Just so much is different!

Zach on the day he was born.

Zach at the Counting Crows concert this past weekend.

His third birthday party was space themed. We made rockets out of pop-top pill bottles, water, and alka seltzer. We had bomb pops and freeze dried space ice cream that I bought on the internet. I even tried my hand at a 3-D cake (and did pretty well considering it was my first try!). Zach enjoyed it, and that's what matters.

Zach blowing out the candles on his space shuttle cake.
Let's see... we had the mayor visit our house the day before Zach's birthday! We won the "first cart contest", to receive the first recycling cart in our sector of the city. It came filled with prizes. We had all three major media outlets in our front yard, as well as a good portion of city council. It was insane and fun! Most of the news channels only showed pictures of us getting the cart, but one showed a snippet of my interview (although I just noticed they spelled our last name wrong in the label!)...




Also, I have a new job! I'm a professional freelance writer for About.com's new site http://kidscartoons.about.com. My interview process took about three weeks of me writing articles and building the site, and I finally had the site go live this past Thursday. It's exciting, because I will be paid for my work and my page views. I also revamped my TV blog that got me the job in the first place, so that it has a cohesive brand (you know me and my branding!) You can now find that at www.TheTVMom.com :)

I think that's about it for exciting news on the Michel family front. Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment