Thursday, September 29, 2011

ABC's in September



I am beginning this post with Zach's performance of his new favorite song. LMNO still eludes him a bit, as does the "next time won't you sing with me" part, but it's adorable and well done nonetheless.

Is the month really almost over? We are a week or so away from Zach being 28 months old. Usually when people ask me how old he is, I reply with "he turned two in June" and let them do the counting. It's just easier. He talks so much now, it's hard to keep up with all the words. There are probably at least five new words a day anymore. It's neat to finally have conversations with him. In fact, last week he told me "Mommy all done computer. You go make me pancake." Cracks me up.

We haven't done nearly as much exciting stuff this month as we did last. Brad scored an awesome surprise bonus from work, which was a nice unexpected treat. We used most of it to pay off stuff, and then we bought ourselves a Kinect for the Xbox, a BluRay player, and the Star Wars saga on BluRay. However, aside from that, our weekends have been filled with Ohio State football, a friend's wedding, a trip to the Columbus Oktoberfest, and the most fun of all... running errands.

Zach also got a treat with Brad's bonus... a trailer for mommy's bicycle. He loves riding around in it... we did an hour yesterday alone. Mommy is liking getting out and getting some exercise while the weather is still decent. There aren't too many days left of nice weather!

This weekend brings my 10 year high school reunion. It should be interesting. My best friend couldn't make it back from Canada, and the majority of my other friends were in Brad's class, not mine. Plus, thanks to Facebook, I keep in touch with those I really wanted to... but I guess it will be nice to see others I remember from my classes back in the day, and to share pictures of kids. That's what reunions are about after all, right? We are taking Zach to the football game (presumably to watch NHS lose, as always) and the homecoming parade, which I'm sure he will enjoy. Saturday night is the formal banquet, something Brad's class did not do. (Don't worry Cort, I'll take pictures, and maybe video of the slideshow for you!)

Happy October and Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment