Monday, May 2, 2011

Mommy's little goofball

This is how I found Zach in bed this morning... little bugger felt he had enough camouflage between his colorful sheets and multitudes of stuffed friends that adorn his bed that mommy couldn't see him. I happened to have my phone in my pocket and snapped this adorable picture.

We are now only a minuscule FIVE WEEKS from his second birthday! Every day that goes by, I think, WOW, I have an almost-two-year-old!

Starting tomorrow, Zach and I will be taking a "Mommy and Me" swim class with a friend of mine and her young son. I'm hoping to get Z more comfortable in the water, and maybe get a little mommy exercise in the process. It will be interesting, because pretty much any body of water much larger than the bathtub is frightening to Zachy at this point. Hoping that changes of course!

And as I write this post, tired from staying up to watch the news until 12:30 last night, and yawning... Zach is sitting next to me, pretending to yawn and then laughing. He is very much into the mimic stage, and loves to imitate people. From dancing with the Wiggles and Fresh Beat Band on television to "helping" mommy vacuum with his toy version while mommy does the real thing. It's kind of cute, but then you start to feel a little self conscious about things you do when a toddler is making fun of you for doing it.

Finally, check out this article in one of the local newspapers! Click on that first picture to enlarge it. Zach and I are on the lower right (I'm wearing teal and holding a gray diaper above my head, along the wall, and Zach is in a black tee shirt and a pair of camo-looking shorts), and then check out the top left corner to see Brad acting in official capacity of measure-man and security. I helped organize this event and obviously was a participant. We still have to wait to see if we made it into the record books, but I'm pretty hopeful. In an effort to save more money, we have stopped buying the flushable inserts for our gDiapers and have gone full-time cloth. Yes, you may think I'm nuts, but hey, I'm not shelling out $10-15 a week on diapers.

If you're wondering about the potty training, we kind of gave up for the time being. Day trained by two is really just a dream now. Zach was perfectly content going in his pants, even when it dripped down his leg. Rather than cleaning up the carpet every fifteen minutes, we decided it was best to just wait. However, we may try again soon using the "Three Day Potty Training Method" ebook I downloaded. We'll see.

Anyway, I think that's about all I have in terms of an update. Happy May everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment