Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Less than 1 month left! Birthday info!

First things first, HERE is the link to his birthday wishlist at Toys R' Us. Now, these are of course just suggestions, but if you want to get something that isn't listed, please check with Mommy or Daddy first. We do already have duplicates of a few books/toys, and with space at a premium, it's always good to check before buying something. I also already know what a few people are getting him, so I can tell you what not to get there as well. If you want to buy from Toys R' Us, I have coupons I'd be happy to share with you to save you some cash. Also, if you happen to find similar or the same toy somewhere else cheaper, just let me know and I'll remove it from the list so it doesn't get duplicated.

Some things that aren't on that particular list that would be great for Z as well... renew our Zoo membership or purchase a COSI membership (which a friend told me there is a kids museum in Newark called The Works that has cheaper family memberships that still get you into COSI for free, so that might be a better option if you want to go that route). Both of those places are high on Zach's favorite places, and membership passes would be used to death. We have loved our Zoo membership this past year, and this summer COSI's special exhibit is dinosaurs... a definite favorite of the boy!

Clothes... this is a toughie. He's in 24 month/2T shirts, but pants are far more tricky. If it's got an adjustable waist (with the elastic and buttons system), then he can wear up to a 2T and I can cuff them, BUT most pants don't have those these days, so he needs 18 months for length. However, 18 month pants tend to still fall down. I've found that Children's Place and Old Navy brands (18 mos C.P. and 12-18 mos O.N.) tend to fit him best. If you want to get shorts (where length doesn't matter), it's best to stick with 12 months, max. Some of his 12 month shorts even still fall down. He's average height, but SKINNY as all get out! Haha! I get coupons for many kids clothing stores, so check with me first too. I may be able to save you money!

I should have, at this point, gotten party invitations out to all local family/friends, either via Facebook or regular mail. If for some reason I missed someone, please just email me or call and I'll make sure you have all the details. Basically, it's on June 4th (three days before his actual birthday) at noon at our place. Theme is bubbles... which means if you have a kid, bring extra clothes for them. I'm planning some fun but messy activities!

I can't believe we're so close! My little dude is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment