Friday, February 18, 2011

Potty training is HARD

Yep, that's Zach in his big boy pants. We're on Day One of "official" potty training. Success rate, so far, is less than 20%. Hopefully, it will improve, but this is FRUSTRATING. For both me and Zach. He'd much rather not have to stop what he's doing to go to the bathroom and, well, GO. I would much rather he not pee on the carpet.

Needless to say, we're at an impasse.

It's not even 2pm on our first day, and we have exhausted our supply of training pants. You'd think I'd be used to doing more laundry, since we've been doing cloth diapers at least half the time, but man this is more than even I'm used to! I might be spending just a bit more money to double our supply if this is the rate he'll go through them.

Sigh.

Wish us luck! We're gonna need it!

***End of Day One update***
We had four successful trips to the potty in total, with the last one comprising at least three separate instances of "going". We even asked him repeatedly if he was all done or not, and he kept telling us "nooooo", and sure enough he wasn't! I'm so proud of our little guy, who I guess I need to start calling our Big Boy more often now :) We have literally quadrupled our daily success rate, so I think it's safe to say we're on a good track! Day-trained by 2, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment