Thursday, June 24, 2010

Zach's crib was recalled :(

I found out today that Zach's crib is part of the massive recall of drop side cribs. What are we going to do about it? Well, all that we can do: order the retrofit kit and attach it when it arrives. Zach loves his crib. He is still too young for a toddler bed.

Anyway, the local news interviewed me about the recall. Here's the video (sorry about the poor quality, I recorded it from the television using my phone):

2 comments:

  1. Ours was recalled too but we are leaving it. I can't get him in and out without the drop part so we are just watching to make sure it does not get a gap or anything. So far, its very stable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's kind of what we're doing. He's still too squirmy for the toddler bed conversion and I'm NOT buying another crib. I ordered the "repair" kit, but I really like the drop side and don't think we'll use it. Since we got the crib second-hand, I think if it was going to fail it would have done it by now.

    ReplyDelete