
As of tomorrow, Zach is officially one month old (he hit 4 weeks this past Sunday though). Surprising how fast that went! I guess time flies when all your days blur together :) We took him with to my final OB appointment/post-op checkup today and he got ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the entire time. He should be nice and vain by the time he's an adult with all these people telling him how cute he is all the time! I am officially down about 20 lbs from my final pregnancy weight, so that means I have 25 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy size. I don't think I'll be able to do that before the end of summer unfortunately, so I will probably have to buy myself a whole new wardrobe considering the fact that I am now a "plus size" according to most retailers. I'm at the low end of the spectrum, but it's still a little tough to accept. I'm not going to get all hung up on it though. There are some goregous plus size women in the world (America Ferrera and Queen Latifah are some of my favorites), and now I will get to be one of them. At least I have an adorable little boy to show for it! The picture above I took today, as he sports his nifty Bum Genius cloth diaper from his Auntie Cortney.
Zach's baptism went really well on Sunday. He didn't even flinch when the water hit him. Actually, he slept through the entire thing. We had a lot of fun at the cookout afterward too. Lots of friends we haven't had a chance to visit with in a long time came out, which was really great. We had beautiful weather too, which was fantastic considering the wet nastiness that was the 4th! Next week the ladies of the church are throwing us a baby shower, which will be a lot of fun. After that, we'll just be a regular old family.Oh, and the other thing I wanted to share... after my appointment, we stopped off at the Women's Center in the hospital where you can weigh your baby for free. Zach is 8lbs 2.9oz! Our little guy is getting big really fast! Before we know it, he'll finally start to fit in some of his 0-3 month sized clothes!
Congrats on the fence! I love the diaper picture.
ReplyDeleteTry not to fret the clothes thing...it takes at least 6 weeks to even get the swelling to go down and then it will continue to drop off. I would suggest waiting another month and then getting a couple outfits that you feel great in because it gets to be a drab wearing maternity clothes. Just remember it took 9 months to gain it.