Everyone always told me that being pregnant in the summer time is among the worst forms of torture known to (wo)mankind. I figured I'd luck out with this one, but alas, I am completely and utterly WRONG. It's been in the 80's most of the week here, and I realized that I don't have a lot of hot weather pregnancy clothes. I've been doing everything in my power to keep cool, including what you see in the photo above, eating giant bowls of sherbet. Yes, that bowl is indeed balanced on my son's head... but it makes for a nice belly cooling apparatus if I do say so myself!This week has been welcomingly uneventful in terms of the pregnancy complications that I have become so used to. The one exception is that my stretch marks are officially to their limits and it feels like my skin is tearing. I did manage to get the swelling in my poor feet and ankles down by following doctor's advice and spending most of the day laying down and drinking water. I do finally get to go off of my terbutaline pills this weekend for good, which is a nice thing. I've already kind of started weaning myself off of them the past few days, taking them only at night so I can sleep (as if one could do that in their ninth month of pregnancy with little feet dancing on the bladder!), but even so the days have been relatively non-contracting. I'm hoping that my water will break soon so I can have the c-section a little bit early... if nothing else to avoid the mess of the S.R. 315 (a.k.a. the only highway that leads directly to Riverside!) closure that begins the same week it's scheduled and that I'm due! I know, that's a weird reason, but I feel it's at least somewhat valid. Those orange barrels have always been the thorn in any driver's side, and I think it will be moreso when I'm nervously approaching the birth of my son. :)
I can't believe it's Memorial Day weekend already, honestly. Officially summer! I really wish I had a maternity (or at least plus size) bathing suit so I could cool off. I thought about buying one, but with me only being pregnant a couple weeks in the summer, I didn't feel it'd be the most frugal option. I keep seeing advertisements for the water park opening and I want so badly to be able to float in that lazy river for about half a day! Man, why don't any of our neighbors have pools?!
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend that is filled with enjoyable (and hopefully cool!) entertainment!
My sister-in-law did not give birth to my nephew until late August. At least you only have a couple weeks of torture at most.
ReplyDeleteTori, I really feel for you, when I was pg with Ryan it was the hottest summer on record (1983) and he was born Aug 19. I went to live with my parents so I didn't have to have him at Wright Patt hospital (which had so much construction going on, 3 of my friends had their kids in the parking lot or on the way upstairs because you couldn't get close to the building. Hope Zach cooperates with you. Ryan & Shaun are watching over you.
ReplyDelete