
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out what all we still "need" to get for Zach's impeding arrival (less than 3 weeks! Woot!). Here's the list of what we have, and then feel free to leave in comments any additional suggestions.
*Car Seat (thanks again to Brad's co-workers!)
*Stroller
*Pack n' Play
*Swing (that has recently been baby approved by my Best Friend's son!)
*Changing table with pad
*Crib and bedding
*Bassinet for our room
*Clothes.... oh dear heavens, the clothes lol!
*NB Diapers from a couple different brands until cord falls off and he's big enough for my cloth and gDiapers
*Pacifiers
*Bottles of different brands
*Baby washing stuff (product)
*Baby tub
*Bibs
*Diaper bag
*Will be getting a high chair from my aunt, who is custom painting it for us with video game theme :)
*Nursing cover (and a couple more on the way for variety)
*Cool shopping cart/high chair cover & playmat thingie
*Tons of receiving blankets
*Tons of onesies
*Tons of blankets
Pretty much that's the majority of the big stuff. The stuff I'm pretty sure I still need:
*Breast pump (I have one picked out already that I liked from reading reviews of it)
*Some kind of milk storage bags... lots of people have told me Ziplocs work just as good as the "breast milk storage system" bags do
*Baby sling or carrier.... Brad wants a carrier for him, I want a Moby Wrap for myself because I've heard such good things about it
*Basket for putting bottle nipples/pacis in the dishwasher
*I know I still need to up my stock of gDiapers and cloth dipes for when he's big enough, but I figure I have a few weeks before I really have to move on those (I'm ordering several AIO's from Bubbles & Bows.... click on the checkered diaper in the sidebar to see hers!)
*Some sort of nursing sleepwear for hospital and late-night feeding
*Nursing bra that actually fits me... got one at Target, but it's already not big enough, so it's going to be a backup for now. The hospital where I'm delivering has a specialty shop that measures you and stuff, so I figure I'll get a couple while there.
*Wetbag for my cloth dipes... and some kind of holder to put it in (I'm thinking a plastic trash can with a lid, you know, nothing fancy)
Now here is where I get a little curious as to what I need and don't really need. Like, I think I want a Boppy pillow, but I'm not sure if that's like something I'll NEED, you know? Anything else baby gear wise that my experienced readers think is missing from my lists? I'm posting a link to this entry on Twitter for more solicited advice, so *please* leave a comment with suggestions! :) Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to be ALMOST done!
a boppy would be nice because you can use it for more than one thing, but its not nessicary. you can use a regular pillow for your arm while nursing and just roll up a reciving blanket for tummy time once Zach can hold his head up. to me the nessicary things are... a place for baby to sleep, clothes, bottles & binkys, swing, car seat, and reciving blankets, along with a bottle brush. even if you do get a basket still get a bottle brush that way you have it incase you can't use the dishwasher or you need a bottle and need it now and don't have time to wait for the dishwasher.
ReplyDeleteI think boppy helps a lot. I didnt have one for the first month and just used pillows but once I used the nursing pillow at the lactation nurses office there was no turning back.
ReplyDeleteThermometer, nail clippers, brush, vitamin D drops, lots of nursing pads, overnight maxi pads