Wednesday, April 8, 2009

PUPPP update and 10 weeks remaining!

I finally broke down after six horrible days of uncontrollable itching with no relief and went to an urgent care facility to get some help. (Side note: my OB did not want to diagnose or treat me because she felt it would be better done by a general practicioner.) They gave me some prednisone and some prescription strength Claritin to help... and boy did it ever! I still have traces of the rash visible on my arms, legs, and belly, but the itch has turned more into a dry skin feeling one than the evil I was faced with prior to the medication. An added bonus to the prednisone is the fact that it has also cleared up my acne and is helping to break up the remainder of the cold I had in my chest. Triple score!

Now poor Brad has caught my cold with a vengence. He hasn't had any time to get over it either, with work barely leaving him alone for a second and all that we've had to do lately. He doesn't get sick often, but when he does, it's always a doozy. :(

On this past Sunday, we got to tour the Labor and Delivery department at Riverside where we will be giving birth. It's really very nice. We felt that we learned more about the childbirthing process from the tour nurse than we did from the childbirth class the week prior! Now all that remains in our trek towards parenthood is our baby shower and actually having him :) It seems so close, yet still so far away. As of tomorrow, I will have only ten weeks until my due date! Although, I am hoping that he comes at least a tiny bit early so that we don't have to deal with the *fun* that will soon become SR 315. It won't affect us getting there much, other than the fact that we will only have two lanes to do so... and heaven knows how that affects drivers here in our fair city... but it will affect our ability to come home quickly. Don't we just love construction season?

Until next time, have a happy Easter weekend everyone! Hopefully there will be pictures of me in my peach maternity Easter dress to post next week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee. I was born at Riverside. As was my brother and his two children.

    ReplyDelete