Saturday, April 4, 2009
Another rare statistic for Tori
This week, I have been diagnosed with something called PUPPP. Of course it's rare, occurring in less than 1% of pregnancies (usually first time pregnancies) worldwide. The cause is uncertain, but there are guesses that it links to male DNA being present in a woman's body, since over 70% of PUPPP sufferers give birth to boys. So, I am basically allergic to my own son! The nurse assures me (if one can call it assurance) that it will clear up in the couple weeks following my delivery. Oh, gee, thanks. You mean I get to wait two and a half months for this crap to go away? Gah! If you are wondering how "annoying" (as most of the websites I have found on the subject have described it) the itching is, it's bascially like having chicken pox on top of poison ivy. Yeah, it's THAT bad. So far I have been "lucky" in that it is only present on my belly and my arms and hands. My legs have been spared thus far, and I'm crossing some very itchy fingers in hopes that it stays that way. No over-the-counter itch creams have worked yet, so I think I am going to end up covered in calamine lotion shortly. Or chewing my arms off. Whichever works better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment