Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our new family blog

Well, after much thought and consideration, Brad and I decided to start a family blog. This way we can share with family and friends our journey through pregnancy and life thereafter.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I am just about 25 weeks (a little more than six and a half months) pregnant. I am feeling all the kicks, bumps, tumbles, and hiccups that come with having someone living inside of me. For those who don't know, it is a baby boy and his name will be Zachary Peter Hall Michel. That's right, two middle names. They are both really important to us though, so there is a reason. Peter is after my grandpa on my dad's side who passed away when I was seven. Hall is after Brad's best friend Aaron. Apparently they made a pact when they were eleven, saying if they were still friends when they were older and they had sons, their sons would have the other person's middle name. Aaron's son Josh, who is five, has Brad's middle name already, so we will follow in turn. As for his first name, Zach was just one we really liked.

I am doing well overall. It's still strange getting used to having a giant belly leading the way wherever I go. I also tend to forget that I don't bend as easily as I once did, so picking things up off the floor and reaching my feet are things that are quickly falling out of the realm of things I can do. I drink milk like it's going out of style, which is a good thing I guess. Brad makes fun of me for it. Other than that, the cravings tend to be very random and not constant by any means. One day I want root beer, the next a hamburger. Sometimes I crave things that I have no clue what I want, which makes fulfilling said cravings quite difficult! I did have a bout with some Kidney stones recently. That was not fun. Apparently, being pregnant can indeed make you more prone to them, and I was already high on that list anyway thanks to the Gall stones I had in high school that knocked out my poor gallbladder. We are all better now though, so that's good.

Brad is doing well with his impending fatherhood. He reads stories and poems to my belly at night, and always makes sure to say bye to both of us separately when he leaves. I know he's excited to have a son to play with, although I suspect it has something to do with the free access to cool boy toys. Honestly, I can't wait to buy Zach his first "My First Craftsman" tool bench and tools. Boy toys are cool. We are still waiting to find out what his job constraints are going to be when the baby comes. We know he gets two weeks of paternity leave, but if I need a c-section (which we will find out more about in April) he may need to work something out to be with me during the mornings for a couple weeks beyond that until my mom can come help. We shall see.

Anyway, I guess that's enough to get you started. For those who are interested and haven't seen yet, I will include a link to pictures from our 20 week 3D ultrasound for you to enjoy!

Pictures of Zachary--Click here!

Until next time,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment