Anyway, the reason I'm posting about this is because when Brad saw the sparkle of the sink in our bathroom last night (as well as his hummingbird of a wife hovering over him to make sure that every droplet of toothpaste goo was wiped away as soon as it hit the countertop), he started making fun of me that I have really hit the "nesting" phase of the pregnancy with full force. After some careful consideration on my part, I have to agree with him. It's absolutely killing me that we don't have Zach's room painted and finished with the new carpet. Although, with the weather on the upswing finally, it might start happening soon. Really, all that is left of that whole project:
- Clean out the closet and find "homes" for all the junk that lives within. (As I mentioned before.)
- Trade out the full size bed with my old twin from my mother's house so we have somewhere to sit/sleep during those future middle of the night feedings.
- Buy the paint and supplies and paint away.
- Get new hardware for the curtains and a set of mini blinds and hang all that up.
- Pull out the old carpet and paint the floor with Kilz to protect it before having the new carpet installed.
- Oh, and pick out the new carpet to be installed.
- Wash all the linens and baby things I've gotten so far.
- Arrange the furniture in it's final placement.
In the meantime, I have to be content with the fact that we have almost all of the big pieces of furniture. Brad still has a dresser to put together, but he wants to wait until we have the paint and carpet done first so he doesn't have to move it as a dresser as much (and I don't blame him). For those I haven't shown yet, Click Here for pictures of the preliminary nursery. We set it up so I could get the bedding out and see what it looked like. It's really cute :) I promise when we get the whole thing done I will post a new set of completed nursery pictures.
Also, because any family member reading this hasn't seen me in a while, I will include my latest "belly shot", that I took last week.
Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYour doing good! I never did get Nesting...I got the oposite. I wanted to do nothing all the time. I also did not wash baby stuff or any of that until a couple weeks prior.
ReplyDelete