
Today Zach turned 18 months old. We had his 18 month doctor appointment today too... stats- 21.6 lbs (4th %), height 31.5 in (25th %), head circ. 19 in (65%). We moved up a percentile for his weight--yay!-- and he's staying steady on the other two curves. Dr. Ben said he wasn't worried about Zach's new-found picky eating habits, as long as he gets all the major food groups at least a little bit somehow.
Recent milestones... Zach has showed interest in learning to use the big boy potty. About ten percent of the time he is actually successful. Not much, but it's a huge start! He has also started using random sentences, sometimes of four or more words at a time. It always startles us when he does it. I'm starting to think he likes to do it just for shock value alone! The most recent one was, when asked why he was crawling under he coffee table, "I'm getting the ball mommy!"
He can now, when asked, point to his head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, and belly. Also, he knows what a cow, duck, doggie, kitty, and sheep says and can make those noises. His favorite noise is definitely "moo"! He has also decided recently that his favorite color is green. The only way I know this is that while I was at the dentist's office last week, the tech let him pick out his own toothbrush(es) while I got my x-rays done, and he chose a green Diego one as well as a plain green one to match. She even told me that he had a Hello Kitty brush at first. The child loves his kitties!
His favorite foods lately are pancakes, bananas (but only in the peel!), and fruit snacks or fruit squeezies (which is basically pureed fruits in a pouch like a Capri Sun). He still loves his breaded chicken, and his noodles. Mommy is working hard to find new ways to get him to eat his veggies... dips and sauces have not worked. We're probably going the route of puree and hide in other foods. We'll see how that goes!
I can't believe in six months from now, he will be TWO. It seems like just last week he was my tiny little baby, and now he's a very opinionated kid. Next thing I know, he won't be 18 months, but rather 18 years old. My big boy!
Here is a video I took last week of Zach pretending to eat. I can't believe what an imagination this boy has already!
That's a pretty adorable hat he's got there. ;)
ReplyDeleteNikki... it needs a few rows added on to it because it doesn't cover his ears anymore :( He still likes it though!
ReplyDelete