Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 months!

(Sleeping in his car seat with "Cat cat" after his doctor appointment today... so cute!)

I can't believe nine months have gone by so quickly. Zach is such a little man now. Let's see... we got his first hair cut this past Saturday. He paid no mind to the stylist, but rather enjoyed the tractor chair he got to sit in. STILL toothless, but that doesn't stop him from eating everything he can get his little hands on. We got the okay from the doctor on everything except cow's milk and honey, so I'm sure he will be eating us out of house and home soon! He is starting to use utensils too, although getting the food onto them is still a challenge. He has the weirdest sense of humor... feet, animals, and anything animate are all hilarious things to Zach.

Favorite words are "dog" and "cat", which get said pretty much all the time at our house. He also says "hey", "da-da", "ga-ga" (which is "grandma" in Zach language), "okay", and "ba-ba", although that can mean many things from "bottle" to "I'm bored" to "feed me". Still no Ma-Ma, although not for lack of trying on my part! It will come soon enough and all I'll hear all day is "mommmmmm!"

What else, what else.... oh, he still refuses to crawl. Rolling gets him where he needs or wants to go, but with the nasty side effect of being horribly dizzy upon arrival, which makes him mad. He can stand for a few seconds on his own, and walk while holding onto someone's hand. I'm guessing he'll start cruising here really soon, and shortly after that away he'll run! Whenever we're out somewhere where there are older kids, he squeals and flails his arms. You can pretty much tell that he wants to run over and play with them but his body doesn't really know how yet.

He tends to get frustrated a lot, and I figure this is because his mind is developed far ahead of all his motor skills, from running to talking and everything in between. He wants nothing more than to be a big kid and play with other big kids. But one thing he can do is whistle. That's right, whistle. He does it to get my attention a lot of the time now. It's like I have a tiny construction worker in my house. He also does an amazing impression of a Wookie that neither Brad nor I can replicate. We got him a shirt with Chewbacca on it just for having that talent (he's wearing it in the picture above, but you can't see it really).

His stats from his doctor appointment today: he weighs 16 lbs, 13 oz., which puts him in the 4th percentile overall (super skinny featherweight boy!). He's 28 inches tall (45th percentile) and his head is 18 inches (45th percentile again). The doctor said he's not worried about his low weight because he eats and fills diapers like a champ, and he's staying on his own little curve, so that was a relief for mommy. Our next appointment is on the day after his FIRST BIRTHDAY! Can you believe it???

Finally, to close this post, I leave you with a video from our lunch last weekend where Zach got to try lemonade for the first time. He just loved it (as you will see)! He's such a ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment