For those who are curious what to get Zachy for his first Christmas, I thought I'd post a list of sizes, needs, and likes here for you to get ideas.
Clothing: Sizes 6-12 months, depending on the manufacturer. He's long and skinny, so go with that. Shirts can be bigger, pants just need to be long (we can make up for the tiny waist with a cloth diaper). He is definitely in need of long sleeved shirts/onesies (especially solid colors for layering), sweaters, sweatshirts, hoodies, warm pants, and socks (please NO Gerber socks because they do NOT stay on!). We generally like to dress him in stuff that looks like grown up clothing because we think it's cute :) Also warm fuzzy jammies with footies are needed, size at least 6 months. Shoes he is in a size 2 (Koala Baby brand) and 1 other brands, but will likely be moving up to the next size soon. He likes sneakers, and will also need a pair of dressy shoes for church, etc.
Books:
*Dr. Seuss-- "There's a Wocket in my Pocket", "Hop on Pop", "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?", "Oh the Places You'll Go", "Cat in the Hat", "Green Eggs and Ham"
*Any of the "If you give a..." series (If you give a mouse a cookie, etc.). I know they're available at Kohls for $5 with money going to their charity of the year.
*Billy Crystal's "I'll Love You Forever"
*Any books with textures since he loves to pet things (and people!)
*Pop up books
*If you can find them, "The Pokey Little Puppy", "The Curious Little Kitten" and other classic Golden Books
*Plastic bath books
*"Spot" books
*A copy of "The Night Before Christmas", because I don't know what happened to the one I had as a girl.
Music:
*They Might Be Giants "Here Comes Science" or the ones with "Dr. Worm", "Build a little Birdhouse in your Soul", "Istanbul", or "Particle Man" on them (heck, a self-burned CD from iTunes would work fine too!)
*Imagination Movers
*This one sounds weird, but The Who with "Who Are You" on it (I watch a lot of CSI and sing that song to him and he thinks it's hilarious. Mommy also wouldn't mind a copy of Quadraphenia hint hint!)
*Any of the "Rockabye Baby!" series except for Pink Floyd and Metallica because he already has those
Toys:
*Anything that he can hit buttons (preferably colorful ones) that do things... either light up, make noise, or both. Also preferable, those with off buttons ;)
*Stackables
*Blocks
*Bath toys
*Cars and trucks, or anything with wheels
*Pretend "grown up" things, like cell phones, remotes, cameras, etc.
*Any animal that makes a noise... barking dogs, meowing cats, etc.
*Weebles... do they still make those?
*Things from the Crayola "Beginnings" collection (the fat crayons that look like animals for "little hands")
Videos (DVD):
*Finding Nemo
*Aladin
*Monsters Inc.
*Cars
*any Handy Manny
*any Imagination Movers
*any Wonder Pets
*Wall-E
I love your music siggestions! They might be giants have a kids album called "No". One of Benjis nicknames is Dr Worm!
ReplyDelete