Anyway, the wait wasn't too bad, surprisingly. We were back in about an hour. I got checked out and the doctor told me that I sounded a little wheezy. She ordered a chest xray and an ear irrigation in the ear of mine that was hurting (and had been giving me problems since I was about six months pregnant). Chest xrays went quickly. The ear thing was, well, gross. They put a gel in my ear first which felt slightly reminiscient of a slug crawling into my ear. Then they brought over a pitcher of saline and a syringe. The nurse squirted that stuff into my ear so hard I could have sworn it was going to shoot out of my eye socket. Oh, and having fluid sprayed directly into your ear with high force messes with your equilibrium, as I had to grab onto the bed to keep from falling over. Turns out I had some major buildup issues and the q-tips I use after every shower were just making it worse. Go figure. Needless to say, I can hear much better now, and I don't have that swimmers ear feeling anymore. Of course now my other ear seems to be quieter, but heaven knows I don't want to do that whole experience again. OTC stuff to the rescue!
I was diagnosed with pneumonia, given some major antibiotics and cough syrup, and sent on my way. It was probably the shortest ER trip (non-pregnancy) ever. So I am out of commission for a little while, but I have never been happier to hear a diagnosis. I really didn't want to end up in quarantine (along with my poor family members who would have been exposed) with the pigflu.
Zach was really happy to see me when we got home, which instantly made me feel at least 50% better. We spent the night hanging out on the couch waiting for our Dish Network to be reactivated, which unfortunately hasn't happened yet. Grr. I really hate AT&T's customer (dis)service. If we could ditch them and go directly with Dish, I'd bet our experience would be much better.
To close all this happy illness talk, I leave you with an adorable picture I snapped tonight of my boys: Zach, Brad, and Magellan.
I've had my ears irrugated before, I sympathize with just how much that crap hurts.
ReplyDeleteBut that picture is ADORABLE!! :)
Praying for a fast recovery!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm...my dad just had this same experience. Flu one week, symptoms cleared, then WHAM! same thing a week later. His pig plague test came back negative yesterday. How are you feeling this week? We're supposed to stay with him next weekend, but there's no way I want to if it's still going on!
ReplyDelete