Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First illness

Zach is officially sick. He seems to have caught the cold Brad had this past week. Poor little guy is stuffy, coughing, sneezing, and to top it all off I think his "mild" reflux has gotten worse. He woke up two hours early this morning screaming his head off. I feel horrible that I can't do anything to make him better, since he's too young for cold medicines. We finally got him back to sleep--after enjoying this website a friend shared that her daughter loves-- in the bassinet in our room (that he barely fits in now, by the way). Usually I would have him sleep between us, but I didn't want him to be disturbed if one of us has to get up. I have a feeling today is going to be a long day. I just keep hoping that I'm not next to suffer this bug!

Brad is working on a training course, so he is home today thankfully. The class doesn't start until nine, so we have some nice time together... okay, so we're both sitting here in bed with our laptops playing online, but at least we're doing it together :)

Sometime today we will be welcoming another cousin for Zach, this time from Uncle Phil and Aunt Rachel. This one is going to be fun because we don't know his name yet, as his mommy and daddy have vowed to keep it secret until his birth (and they've done a great job of keeping that secret!). We know his initials are EJM, so we of course have speculated. Come on little E! Can't wait to see pictures of you!

Finally, as promised I finally took a picture of Zach in his Bumbo seat yesterday, and as a bonus he was playing with his "laptop" with Mortimer. I managed to find an extra Mortimer on sale on Kohls' website, so in a day or two we will have a back-up! This is good because Mortimer #1 is getting kind of grimy and is in need of a bath... and I wonder what moron thought up the idea to have a baby's toy be surface hand wash only! (Facepalm!)

3 comments:

  1. OMG that website is just TOO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put Calebs toys in the dishwasher or in the washing machine (depending on if they are cloth or plastic) all the time. I only slightly ruined one. The squeeker is not as loud as it once was, but I figured if they could not wishstand machine washing they were not for me. I wash mortimor on delicate and then let him air dry or put him on low heat in the dryer. No problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope he feels better soon. its tough when they are so little

    ReplyDelete