Sunday, July 19, 2009
Jazz Hands!
I finally managed to get this on video! This is what is known by professionals as "the startle reflex", but we have affectionately titled it "Jazz Hands". Yes, we are already dooming this boy to a life of community theatre like his parents LOL! He is going to loathe me when he's older, because you know I'm going to whip this video out when his first girlfriend comes to visit :) That's a mommy's job though!
The only developmental milestone we've encountered this week is that I got my first reactionary smile from him while playing Patty Cake. I will have to get that on video soon because it is the cutest thing ever and it makes my heart melt every time he does it. I think as soon as he figures that out for himself, I'm in trouble!
The other first for this weekend was Zach has gone to his first movie. We went and saw a double feature at the drive-in near our house (okay, so it's the only one in the whole city and we're just lucky enough to live nearby) on Friday night. We saw Ice Age 3, which was super cute and gave us new parents many a good chuckle since the storyline includes a pending wooly mammoth birth. Zach was actually awake and quietly snuggling with Daddy for most of the film, although I'm sure he could care less about what was going on with the movie. The second show was Transformers 2, which was more for Brad and I, and Zach happily slept through the entire thing. The whole experience was admittedly one of my best ideas ever, especially since it was Brad's first time at a drive-in too. Lots of fun and for a great price compared to traditional theatres! And no need for a babysitter!
We had intended this weekend to also include Zach's first Major League Soccer game, but it was so cold and rainy yesterday that we decided to wait. Who would have ever thought we'd have a high temp of only 70 in the middle of July! Brad is taking advantage of these autumn-like temperatures today though and is mowing the lawn in comfort. At least we are saving on our electric bill by keeping the a/c off and the windows open. Knowing Ohio, it will be in the high 90's come September, just as payback. Ah, life in the crazy Midwest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too. Cute.
ReplyDelete